Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time to share

Hi everyone! I've begun to share this blog with friends and family to keep them up to date on what's happening with Little Kob! I kept two posts from my ttc portion so they could read my excitement (and so I didn't have to re-type) ;-)

I have my blood test tomorrow and I'm excited/nervous. I'm wondering when I can make the first appt...I'm very impatient!

To keep you all informed, I'm 4 weeks 5 days along but I am in my 5th week. So when I post the size and information for Little Kob's development, it might be a little confusing since different websites say different things.

fitpregnancy.com: Your embryo is about two millimeters long, about the size of a grain of sand. Your baby transforms into a bundle of cells organized in a C-shape with a top, bottom, front, and back. A groove has developed on the embryo's back, which will seal and develop into the neural tube (which later will become the spinal cord). At this point, the tube already has a wider, flatter top that will grow into your baby's brain. A bulge has developed in the center of the embryo, which will soon become a tiny U-Shaped tube which will form the heart. Your embryo is encased in protective membranes and attached to a yolk sac, which manufactures the embryo's unique blood cells.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'll still be keeping an eye out every once in a while. DH really wants me to relax. He knows that once I put my mind to something I become fixated and this one particular fixation could drive someone crazy.

    Good luck and kisses to Little Kob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, I agree with your dh! Thanks for the well wishes! GL to you and your dh! :-)

    ReplyDelete