Monday, October 19, 2009

All work and no play...

This weekend was a killer but we got some huge projects done and I am thrilled. We took two big dressers in our bedroom that we have been dying to re-do (and sometimes dying to just trash) and re-finished them from a very light beige color to a dark mocha with a hint of gray color. There's still a few touches and a set of shelves which we also re-did to set up, and then I'll take some pics of our master bedroom to show off.

We also picked up Cole's dresser and put up his name! The dresser is from the same line as the crib but in white just like the one in my inspiration picture. I'll have pictures of it in the nursery later (since it's currently sitting in our living room after I finished installing the drawers and doors this morning).

As for Cole's name, I initially wanted to do the ribbon deal that a lot of moms-to-be are doing but something else popped into my head. Instead I wanted it to look like a 3D picture on the wall. We painted a white rectangle and glued the letters that I had spent a couple hours covering with pretty designed paper into the middle. Then dh was wonderful at measuring out some molding, painting it black and then gluing that to frame the rectangle. Since my camera decided to die at the exact moment I wanted to take pictures, here's some low resolution ones from my Blackberry.

1 comment:

  1. I love your name picture! I had a similar idea, but ultimately went a different route. I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete